Monday, November 28, 2016

Much I COULD Do On My Own

Hello Everybody,

This week has been an interesting one. There is something going on here called the Frankafoana right now. Every French speaking country gets together and has a conference. It is funny because Madagascar is being really fake just for this week. They made rules for everyone. For this week no one can sell things on the streets, they advise you to stay inside as much as possible, you can't wear sandals, and other crazy things. They also have made the road from the airport to the convention way nice, like first world status. While the rest is still good old Madagascar. It is really funny. I think that was the reason some guy spit in my face. He probably assumed I was French. Everyone here gets really surprised when they realize I do not speak French.

For Thanksgiving we didn't do anything. But the day after Thanksgiving we ate at the Carlton. That is the place where all the French people are staying so it is really nice. The Carlton is gated and has security but we just say Bonjour to the guard and he lets us in every time.

This week I went on a split with my zone leader and his plan was to see how much I could do on my own. So every lesson, he just sat back and stayed quiet unless I asked him to add his thoughts. That day I realized there is a lot more I can say and do than I thought. I even answered people's questions. That is one thing I am still not very good at, understanding native Malagasies.

Madagascar is one of the coolest places ever. The people are great, and the adventure never ends.
Thanks for the love.
Love,
Elder Allen

Elder Freestone


 Selfies in front of the mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment