Monday, November 7, 2016

His Whole Family Said YES

Hello,

Our lessons this week have been awesome. We have this investigator named Franky who has already almost finished reading the Book of Mormon. We have only taught him and his family like three times but he has done all the work in finding the truth for himself. Last time we visited him I asked him if he knew the Book of Mormon was true. He said yes. Then I asked him if he knew the teachings of Jesus Christ would bless his life. He said yes. Instantly after that I asked him if he would then follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by some one holding the priesthood authority of God. His whole family said yes. The spirit in that room was so strong it made me cry.

I know that as a missionary it is not my job to convince people or do the work for them. All I do is invite, and give them a Book that if they read they will instantly know how true it is. The Book of Mormon is the evidence of the Restoration of the Gospel. If anyone wants to know if Joseph Smith was a Prophet or not, all you have to do is read the Book of Mormon.

Halloween here was just like every other day, except there is a day of the dead the day after Halloween. No decorations, just a lot of drunk guys on the streets.

Today for P-day we are buy groceries for the week.  I am going to make brownies and banana muffins today for Swarays this week.  Those are when you eat at a members house. This upcoming week is my comps birthday. We are eating good. We are going to go eat at a way good place.  We are going to a 5 star restaurant in Mada called the Carlton. It is pretty expensive there, like 17,000 Ar for a burger. I think that is like 5 or 6 bucks.  Then probably just chill for the day.

Next P-day we are planning on going to a Crock farm.  You get to throw a chicken in and watch the crocks hunt it down.  I will probably bribe the guys there to let the lemurs climb on me.  That it is how the zoos here work.  They charge 500 Ar for the malagasys but 10,000 Ar for Vazas and you have to bribe the workers if you want to go into the cage with the monkeys.  I will try to take a lot more pictures this week.

I am very grateful for Madagascar. It is definitely changing my perspective.
Love,
Elder Allen



Today at the cyber cafe. 


A Silent Charlie Chaplin film poster.  The Malagasys put their own dialogue to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment