Monday, April 30, 2018

Zanazay Gets Baptized

Hello,

We had a great baptism this last Saturday. We actually only ended up baptizing Zanazay because Allison got called into work that day. He was so sad that he missed his baptism, but we told him that he could be baptized on the 12th of May so he is doing good now. We have so many people planned to catch the 12th of May, it is going to be awesome. This last baptism was very sweet. It actually touched my heart pretty strongly and I was holding back tears of joy watching the whole thing. We were worried that Zanazay wasn't going to make it to her baptism either because she showed up like 20 min. late. When she walked into the service Elder Jakins and I bolted to the back and hurried to get her ready and dressed in white. After that the baptism ran really smoothly. We had six other investigators there watching. They are getting really excited for their own baptisms. They told me that they felt the same spirit as I did during the service.








Today we decided to go to a lemur park. We got a lot of cool pictures. Our tour guide said that we weren't allowed to feed the lemurs when we first got there, however as soon as we ran into a bunch of them he told us to get out our bananas. Malagasies are funny. He was a cool old man. He showed us interesting plants, like vanilla beans, a cinnamon tree, and other plants that medicine is made from.









Funny story: In a lesson the other day we were teaching a family about the principle of Faith. I began to use an example to make the lesson more understandable and asked, "Have you guys seen God before?" I expected them to say no and I would have gone on to ask, "But you believe he is there right?" But to my surprise they said that they have already seen God face to face apparently.  So my example back fired on me. I just stated my question again and said, "You have seen God?... With your eyes?" They all went on to affirm to me that they have seen God. At that moment I just heard my companion laugh and whisper to me in English, "get wrecked Allen."   At that point I just said, "Oh... Okay then. Well I haven't seen God yet, so I guess I just don't have enough faith yet."

"Do you believe?" -Xfiles

Sincerely,
Elder Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment