Monday, July 31, 2017

"Leave everything behind and follow me."

Hello,

Today we went to a city that was 2 hours north of Tamatave named Foul Pointe.  It was a way cool place.  The ocean water was clear, warm and calm.  Lunch there was  good.  We went to a wooden shack on the beach where a rasta guy and his wife made us rice and fish curry.














We had a good week even though it rained every day and we were walking through flooded water to our ankles.  Two of our investigators (Seta Pier and his wife) are working on getting legally married which is way awesome.  But they are having problems because this time of year everyone is on vacation.  It makes it hard for them to get their papers in order.  So, we have to wait 2 weeks longer than anticipated.  It is all good.  We are just excited and happy that they are working so hard to get it done.


Lately, we have started working in some new parts of our area clear out around the edges to find new people to share the gospel with.  We have been finding a ton of success and hoping for more.


As I have been studying about sacrifice lately, I have realized, God has placed something here for us that can give us the most joy we could ever imagine and that is the fruits of the Gospel. In order to grab a hold of the Gospel it requires us to let go of those other things.  It is like the story of the man who came up to Jesus and asked him, "Why am I not happy? I keep the commandments, I am a good person, and I have all of the things I could desire. Why am I still not happy?" Jesus says to him, "Leave everything behind and follow me." That was hard for the man to do.  That is what I think is required of us at some point. This is the kind of stuff I like to think about. God wants what is best for us. He hopes for us to become the best we can be.  We will have an eternity to progress and become better.  We will be so happy that it won't even feel like it is a sacrifice to us anymore.  That is what has been going on in my crazy brain lately.

Have a good week!
Elder Allen

"singing Let it Be by the Beatles while a drunk Malagasy plays guitar." 


No comments:

Post a Comment