Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Madagascar's Independence Day

Hello,

This last week was the end of the Transfer. Elder Olsen left to Tana last Saturday, so I was on splits going around with the other Elders in my house for the weekend. My new companion is Elder Beeson.  He was in my MTC group so it should be fun.  He is from Missouri.  I am still the district leader for this area.

It was Madagascar's Independence Day yesterday so for the past three days we have had a curfew to be home before 6 every night. The Malagasies go crazy on holidays. Yesterday there was not much we could do because every business was closed, so we just played soccer all morning on the beach,  and then played games at the other missionaries' house until 6. There have been big festivals, concerts, and fairs here so we walked through those and then ate at a good restaurant too. It was a fun/chill P-day.

There have been  a lot of holidays during this last transfer, so a lot of people did not come to church every week, especially investigators, which sucked. We plan on working pretty hard this transfer to turn things around. We are going to have to do a lot of finding at the moment.

I will hit my year mark this transfer.  August 3  is when I went into the MTC.  But Sept. 14th was when I first came to Madagascar.  But I will most likely be coming home next year in the middle of July.  So no matter how you look at it, I have one year left!

This mission is still going great!!

Next Week,
Elder Allen

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work of the Lord. He is blessing you and your companions.

    ReplyDelete