Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Building relationships

Hello,

This week we have been doing a lot of work with the members and getting to know them better. It has made it so we eat at their houses every week. Building relationships with them gives you free food and referrals for new investigators.

Yesterday we went to the beach and played soccer there with a bunch of Malagasy kids. I have not run in a long time... they wrecked us.






A lot of weird things happened last Thursday. During a lesson, I was giving the opening prayer when the little boy of the investigator started to choke on something and then throw it up. For some reason at that moment I thought it was the funniest thing ever so I burst out laughing and could not even finish my prayer it was so bad. Every one started laughing with me though so it was okay. I thought it was funny because no one stopped praying to help him during my prayer, they just sat waiting until Iwas done. So we all just listened to this kid dying together.

That was the last lesson of that night so we got a Puss (bike taxi) home. We fought for the price of 500 Ar home and he accepted it. He was way drunk and it was really funny talking to him as he drove us home. When we arrived I gave him 500 Ar and he was like, "hey man this is not okay where is the rest?" He would not let us just walk away so we had to explain to him that he already accepted that price. Also other Malagasies feel obligated to stop and ask what the problem is. My comp. Just said a word that means, he is trying to take advantage of us. They all laughed when they heard it. They chatted with the Puss driver and we just walked away. It was such a weird night.

That was my week.
Sincerely,
Elder Allen




No comments:

Post a Comment