Monday, March 13, 2017

I Feel Privileged to Serve Them

Hello,

I guess all of you heard about the Cyclone. Everything is good here.  Nothing really bad happened to the people in our area except for a couple of fences fell over and houses are tilted and a little flooding.  During the Cyclone, the missionaries were not allowed to leave the house, so we stayed inside for about 2 days. We watched it from our front window. It got pretty crazy at some points. It was pretty cool to watch. The only thing that sucked was there was no power or water for those 2 days. We had to eat all the food that was in the fridge and drink from our emergency stash of water bottles. It also got pretty hot in the house which made us sweat a lot. The second day I needed a shower so I stripped down, covered my whole body in soap and then stood outside in the cyclone to wash it off.


After a while we got pretty bored as missionaries that are not allowed to do much. So we made up our Characters for if there was a Zombie Apocalypse. We drew everyone, gave them weapons, and stats. We also made up six different versions of Zombies, drew them and gave them stats as well. Then we made up stories using all of our work.

Funny Story: One morning I woke up covered in bug bites. My entire body was destroyed by Bed Bugs. It was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I was so itchy. My comp. and I got our wood bed frames that were infested with them and threw them around the back of the house. We chipped off all the crappy paint on the walls that we  found had Bed Bugs in them as well. We then soaked our mattresses in Bug Poison, sprayed all the walls, and our bedding with it. I slept on the floor for 2 days because I was too paranoid to use anything that had the slightest chance of having bed bugs.



One tender mercy that I experienced from last week was during the cyclone one of my favorite families called us to see if we were okay. And, they live in a grass hut. The people here are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I feel privileged to go out and do all I can to serve them.

Love,
Elder Allen

Beach Day P-Day















No comments:

Post a Comment