Monday, June 18, 2018

Saying Goodbye to President and Sister Foote

***It is official! I received Sam's flight plans this morning.  
He will be home on Thursday July 19 at 10:14 am.  
His homecoming will be Sunday July 29 at 9 am 
with food at our house after!  




Hello,

Great week with President Foote! We had our last zone conference with the Footes. It was really sad saying goodbye to them. They have been the greatest thing about this mission.








On Thursday they arrived in Fort D. Friday morning President showed up at our house to drop off my package from my mom. He thought he would meet with us, study together a little bit, and have some interviews... Then we told him that we usually played soccer on the beach on Fridays. He hurried home to change into some shorts and then we met the other missionaries at the beach.





Saturday we had the conference and learned a lot. Seeing as how it was the last Conference with him and for most of us here in Fort D. we talked with him all day long getting deep doctrinal questions answered and advice for life. President Foote has definetly taught me a lot about what kind of person I want to be; for myself and for others around me.

This morning at 3:00 a.m. we woke up and hiked Peak St. Louie to see the sun rise on the horizon. It was freezing cold at the top of the mountain and I was the only one that had brought a blanket so we all cuddled and shared it.
Next week.
Sincerely,
Elder Allen











No comments:

Post a Comment