Monday, December 12, 2016

I Have Never Felt the Spirit and Love of Christ More

Hello,
This week has been good. I have a new companion, his name is Randrianavalona. He is a Malagasy and the place he is from is actually really close to where we work. He is really funny but does not speak much English. He is also the complete opposite of my last companion.

The work is getting better every transfer, I think it is because I get a little better at the language every transfer. I still don't know what is happening most of the time in lessons but hopefully the understanding will come. I have to give a talk in church next Sunday because my comp jokingly declined himself from the task. It will be very interesting with my broken Malagasy. But I am glad I get the chance to share a message about the Savior.

Christmas is very different in Madagascar. There is no snow, no decorations, no trees, just a regular day. But it will give me the chance to think about Christ more. I am grateful for that. We have a Christmas party coming up. We get to watch one Christmas movie. I am rooting for the new Star Wars movie, but that probably won't happen.

I am very grateful to be a missionary during this Holiday Season because I have never felt the spirit and love of Christ more than here.
Love,
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment