Monday, February 5, 2018

This Week has been Sweet

Hello,

This week has been sweet. We made it into our new/old area Ambohibao.  Elder Modisakeng and I are new companions. My new comp is from South Africa and he also used to work in Ambohibao. The first day we were back we visited a member named Fetra who used to go around and work with us. He actually was leaving on his mission that night to somewhere in Africa. We were excited to catch him before he left.

We have been trying to build up a schedule and decided to visit old investigators. I wanted to stop by Tsizanaka and Lalao who before I left were both on date to be baptized, and came to church every week, and had finished learning all of the lessons. When we visited them they were happy to see us and invited us into their home. I began to ask them what had been going on while I was gone and if they still went to church. They told us that their old pastor stopped by after we left and told them to go back to where they used to pray and then they told us that they could not go to our church anymore because their Pastor forbid it. What they told me broke my heart. For some reason at that moment I could not hold back tears. I started crying right in front of them and asked to see their Book of Mormon. I began to testify to them how important that Book is and how they were just deciding not to receive all the blessings that it offered. I was so disappointed in the lack of conversing with the Lord that they had done when making the decision to drop everything I had taught them. Before I left I committed them to read the Book of Mormon and to ask God sincerely the things he would have them do. We will be returning next week.

Speaking Malagasy has been great. At first I stumbled a little with it because of lack of practice but I am quickly remembering the things I used to say before I left. I have definitely been blessed with the gift of tongues this past week. I started to stop thinking about how to say things and just spoke. It always turned out perfectly clear. I am thankful to be back in Madagascar.

Sincerely,
Elder Allen

Sam got to help pick up 17 more missionaries last week from the airport.  There are now a total of 25 missionaries in Madagascar.  There will be more missionaries arriving this week.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment