Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A New Area


Hello 
My first week in Ambohibao was great. My Companion Elder Monson is from Salt Lake City Utah, he has been out on the mission one transfer longer than me. We live in a two man house so it is way chill every night, but we have been working really hard lately so we are not at the house very often. I probably live in the nicest house in the mission of Madagascar. We both get our own personal bathroom. 



Church yesterday was pretty good, I had to bare my testimony in Sacrament Meeting because I was a new missionary. The ward seems really great here. We teach a lot of people and run around a lot each day. Ambohibao is around five times the size of my last area, it is pretty big but I like that.

Last Thursday we were heading to our District Meeting in a Taxi Bus when all of a sudden we ran into some crazy traffic, we dicided to get out and just walk the rest of the way. 




We walked by a huge line of stopped cars until we saw what was causing the traffic. A huge semi truck full of boxes of bottled beer had fallen over in the middle of the road. There were broken beer bottles all over the place and a small river of it flowing down the street. There were so many people crowded around and some trying to steal the bottles that were still in tact. After District Meeting was over we headed back up to our house. As we were walking I saw a guy walking down the street with a Cig in is mouth a huge smile on his face and about six bottles of beer in his arms. I guarantee he stole those from that crash. 

That is the VaoVao from this past week.
Sincerely,
Elder Allen







This is the material for my suit. It has a dark gray outside and a blue and white stripped inside.  I will have someone make my suit here in Madagascar.

No comments:

Post a Comment